Racers were noticed leaving Los Angeles International Airport on November 28, 2009. For the third time, groups needed to utilize public transportation to advance from the Starting Line to the air terminal as in the first and 6th seasons. Racers looked into a Pit Stop in Puerto Varas, Chile, on December 2. The shooting of the show likewise was accounted for in Bariloche, Argentina, and Germany. Creation teams were accounted for in Virtual Amazing Race Singapore , especially in the Bugis region and the Singapore Flyer. In the third scene, which circulated on February 28, 2010, and included the competitors withdrawing Chile, Phil Keoghan recognized February 27, 2010, enormous quake in Chile in an extraordinary opening.
Features at legs in races :
- Leg 4 included an Intersection interestingly since Season 11. Likewise, interestingly, groups did a Roadblock together, where one individual from every one of the Intersected groups cooperated to finish the Roadblock. This is likewise the first run-through since Season 8 that two racers cooperated to finish a Roadblock, and the first run through an Intersection happened on a leg other than Leg 8.
- In Leg 8, Jet and Cord turned into the primary group since the initiation of the Speed Bump in Season 12 to complete in the lead position on a leg in which they needed to finish a Speed Bump.
- Leg 9 included an appearance from Allan Wu, the host of The Amazing Race Asia and China Rush. Leg 9 was additionally the first occasion when that a U-Turn cautioning was in the group’s first piece of information, because of the way that the group taking the Fast Forward alternative would have skirted the Detour and the U-Turn point. Likewise, Leg 9 was the first run through a Fast Forward and a U-Turn happened in a similar leg.
- The 10th scene was devoted to He Pingping, who seemed to offer pieces of information to the groups after the scene’s first Roadblock. Leg 10 was the main single-length leg of The Amazing Race to have two Roadblocks Each colleague needed to finish one of the Roadblocks. The following leg included Bao Xishun, the world’s tallest man at that point, as the Pit Stop greeter in Shanghai.
Critical response :
- The Amazing Race 16 got generally bad surveys. Andy Dehnart of reality obscured considered it a “somewhat frail season”. Michael Hewitt of the Orange County Register composed that “ineptitude and karma managed, and the game-changing plays came by means of two deadly U-Turns.
- As TV overall goes, season 16 was fine amusement. However, as ‘The Amazing Race’ goes, it was a disappointment.” Daniel Fienberg of HitFix composed that “there were excesses of dull groups and too many dull undertakings and excessively minimal compensating of greatness or rebuffing of the idiocy that ran amuck the entire season.
- This gathering of contenders had the chance to see some incredible areas and do some extraordinary stuff, however, nothing was adequately hard or testing enough. Indeed, even a faltering period of ‘The Amazing Race’ is still better compared to the vast majority of what passes for unscripted television.